Introducing Weiler FEED the FORMER Automated Transfer System
Weiler, part of Chicago, Illinois-based Provisur Technologies family of processing solutions, launches the breakthrough FEED the FORMER (FTF) automated transfer system.
The new Weiler FEED the FORMER automated transfer systems safely and efficiently move raw material to the processing line while reducing manual touch points. This intelligent, totally flexible use of automation allows processors to improve efficiencies, capacities, and yields; enhance food and worker safety; plus save valuable production time – and money.
Thanks to FTF, heavy, meat-filled carts are no longer needed to shuttle raw materials from grinding to further processing. As a result, there is no spillage to be concerned with from manually moving and dumping product into hoppers. Plus, no product left inside transfer carts means less waste and more yield. Removing human intervention also allows processors to optimize run time and reduce the possibility of cross-contamination. Processors will have a much more efficient transfer by removing traffic-flow obstacles, allowing consistent and quicker, on-time delivery of the raw material.
For example, when the formers are on and the FEED the FORMER electronic eyes do not detect any meat when looking down into the former’s hopper, FTF calls for product. As long as the formers are on, FTF calls for product whenever needed to ensure a consistent flow of raw material.
FEED the FORMER systems are made to fit each operation’s processing needs. The most recent FTF installation consists of threeincline belt conveyors, one shuttle belt conveyor, twodivert belt conveyors and an automated control system (integrated with an existing automated blending control system.)
FEED the FORMER features include:
- Multiple applications – The system can handle almost any raw material, including beef, pork and chicken, feeding a number of pieces of further processing equipment such as formers, stuffers, pumps or holding hoppers.
- Unique diverter gates – Diverter gates are designed with a unique curvature that allows higher capacity flow rates and virtually eliminates meat stoppage and blockage.
- Food safety improvements – FEED the FORMER’s sanitary design reduces risks associated with safety and sanitation.
- System automation – User-friendly controls are automated for hopper monitoring and prioritized product delivery between the preparation line and further processing equipment.
- Customizable – FEED the FORMER can be tailored to specific application and processing needs, regardless if you’re installing a new line or need to retrofit into an existing line and process. The option to use conveyors or pumps provides flexibility in the design process so the equipment can be tailored to fit your needs.
- Enhanced ROI – Low cost of ownership, increased production and labor optimization are only a few ROI elements.
- Technical support – Provisur offers turnkey project management and general contractor capabilities to be sure you receive the support you need to get FEED the FORMER working at optimum performance levels with minimal disruption to your operations.
- Two-step validation – Provisur uses Optiline to validate proof of concept; the Factory Acceptance Test validates fit and function.
- Built Weiler tough – FEED the FORMER is built with the same high-quality, material handling design features common to all Provisur equipment.
“Never before has an automated transfer system offered so many features to benefit your process and bottom line,” said Dave Schumacher, Global Product Manager, Mixing and Grinding of Provisur Technologies. “FEED the FORMER will be built to your specific processing needs and will offer more process improvements than you can imagine.”
To read a case study on FEED the FORMER, go to www.provisur.com/weiler.
For more information, visit www.provisur.com.