Just BARE, a brand of nothing but all natural chicken, announces the grand prize winners of its Just BARE Chicken +5 Ingredient Challenge. Created to inspire home chefs to make deliciously simple chicken recipes with just a few, wholesome ingredients, the contest awarded five winners with grand prize packages valued at $1,500. Each grand prize included one $1,000 gift card for Food52 and Provisions merchandise, one Food52 cookbook, one yearly subscription to Eating Well magazine, and one year’s worth of Just BARE product.
From January 14 - February 28, 2014, consumers were encouraged to pick five ingredients plus a favorite type of Just BARE chicken product and recipe category. Just BARE Chicken +5 Ingredient Challenge judge Lisa Golden Schroeder then assessed more than 6,500 entries. The top-scoring ingredient lists were transformed into chicken recipes by a specially selected panel of national food bloggers, then ten were placed on the Just BARE Facebook page from April 14 - May 5, 2014, for online voting. Five voters were randomly selected from more than 11,000 total votes to each win $250 in groceries.
“For hectic weeknights or more leisurely special occasions, simple recipes featuring chicken plus just five ingredients keep kitchen time streamlined, with impressive results,” said Just BARE Chicken +5 Ingredient Challenge judge and Just BARE culinary enthusiast Lisa Golden Schroeder. “These recipes showcase how natural, healthy ingredients paired with fresh Just BARE chicken can became more than the sum of their parts, transforming them into delicious meals the whole family will love.”
Based on culinary scores and popular vote ranking, Just BARE Chicken +5 Ingredient Challenge grand prize winners include:
- Chicken Burgers with Bacon, Leeks & Gouda (Recipe by Rachel Cooks and ingredients by Jodi T. of Altadena, Calif.)
- Chipotle Mango Chicken Pizza (Recipe by Handle the Heat and ingredients by Pamela S. of Parkersburg, W.Va.)
- Rotisserie Chicken Naan Pizza with Spinach, Queso Fresco & Fire-Roasted Tomato-Mango Chutney Sauce (Recipe by Ambitious Kitchen and ingredients by Angela S. of Scottsdale, Ariz.)
- Slow Cooker Marsala Chicken Thighs (Recipe by Handle the Heat and ingredients by Nancy D. of Austin, Texas)
- Spicy Blackened Chicken Sandwiches (Recipe by Handle the Heat and ingredients by Antonio T. of Minneapolis, Minn.)
The five winning recipes, in addition to the five finalist recipes, are available in the Just BARE Chicken recipe database at www.justbarechicken.com/recipes.cfm.
Source: GNP Co.