The following scholarships will be presented this year: Frank DeBenedetti Memorial Scholarship, Wade Brant Memorial Scholarship, Al Piccetti Memorial Scholarship, and Lou Gast Memorial Scholarship. The final recipients of each of these named-awards will be announced later this year.
NMA Scholarship Foundation President Ron Gustafson is pleased to announce the winners for this year:
* Carlie C. Perham, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo (DeBenedetti Scholarship)
* Simon Kern, South Dakota State University
* Brittney R. Scott, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
* Kristin R. Adams, Iowa State University
* Chad Bower, California State University of Fresno
* Steven Bookbinder, Pennsylvania State University
* Bradley R. Wetovick, University of Nebraska – Lincoln
* Claire E. Ohman, University of Wisconsin – Madison
* Megan Semier, Colorado State University
* Garret Dietz, Kansas State University
These $2,250 to $2,500 merit-based awards are presented annually to undergraduate students studying Animal/Meat/Food Science and considering a career in the meat industry. NMA would like to extend its gratitude to its scholarship review committee, which consisted of Bob Delmore, California State Polytechnic University of San Luis Obispo; Ron Richard, University of Idaho; Jeff Sindelar, University of Wisconsin; John Henson, California State University of Fresno; and Henry Zerby, Ohio State University.