Provisioner On Location: Sara Lee unveils new R&D center
- A packaging design and research laboratory, where Sara Lee's packaging designers and engineers can create all sorts of packaging, whether it's a new idea for a new product or a renovation of a current package in the company's system.
- A comprehensive meat pilot plant, meeting USDA regulations, with raw processing, cook and chill operations, and an RTE room where product can be sliced (if needed) packaged and assembled.
- A bakery pilot plant, where Sara Lee's bakery division innovations begin and are tested in this USDA-inspected facility.
- Beverage lab, for development of Sara Lee's large beverage portfolio.
- A foodservice kitchen and a separate Product Performance Kitchen, where products are tested in real-life conditions for both the retail and foodservice end users' benefit.