Process Expo announces new show floor feature areas for September event
PROCESS EXPO is more than just a trade show, it's an opportunity for food and beverage processing professionals to learn and share ideas with industry leaders; network with peers and make new contacts; and experience live demonstrations of the newest equipment available in the marketplace. This premiere trade show event for the food processing industry is taking place September 19-22 at McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago, IL.
"If you are a professional working in the food and beverage processing industry, your time at PROCESS EXPO will be well spent. This four-day event brings together 15,000 industry professionals and offers practical, proven advances directly from experts who know the business," said Tom Kittle, Chairman of the Food Processing Suppliers Association (FPSA) and President of Handtmann Inc. and Handtmann Canada Limited. "The 2017 show will offer several new features on an expansive show floor offering thousands of products and services from 600 exhibiting companies."
Features on the show floor will include
- The Dairy Zone: This area will feature suppliers who understand the unique needs of dairy processors from equipment and sanitation solutions to new ingredients and flavors. Companies will include Axiflow Technologies, Banner-Day, A.R. Arena Products, Paul Mueller Company, Powder Process Solutions to name a few.
- Virtual Reality Showcase: Situated in North Hall's Innovation Alley, the PROCESS EXPO Virtual Showroom will be one of the highlights of the show floor, drawing attendee's eager to experience exhibitor's products on a 3D Virtual Reality platform, where they can interact with photorealistic physics models of specific equipment, zoom-in/out in real 3D, walk around, detach/attach objects, interact between people connected in different scenarios, and more.
- Educational Sessions: Keep abreast of the latest trends, data, and regulations through 25 hours of educational programming. A special focus will be on critical issues such as food safety and sanitation as well as sessions for dairy processors and a CEO forum. Interesting in presenting, click here for the call for speakers.
- The Food Safety Summit Theater: New FSMA updates, HACCP training, listeria, traceability, environmental monitoring, food fraud, auditing, food allergens, and pest management are all important issues for food processors and will be addressed.
- International Partners: PROCESS EXPO is promoted throughout the world as the food and beverage processing and packaging technology trade show of the Americas. The 2017 event will welcome International Buyers through a joint government-industry effort and a strategic marketing agreement with Messe Frankfurt/IFFA, Messe Dusseldorf, and Messe Nurnberg.
- Networking: Over 15,000 industry professionals will exchange insights and get to know colleagues from all the food and beverage sectors during events throughout the show. These include receptions, private meetings, one-on-one time with suppliers, exchanges in the education sessions, and mingling with colleagues during contests and demonstrations on the show floor.
- Innovations Showcase: Back by popular demand, learn about and vote for the best of the latest offerings, and meet possible new business partners in this interactive showcase featuring new products, technology, and equipment as well as presentations on the PROCESS EXPO Stage.
- Defeat Hunger: In conjunction with the Greater Chicago Food Depository (GCFD), a food drive will be conducted at PROCESS EXPO, with all donations and proceeds going to the GCFD to help fight hunger in the greater Chicago area.
- Refresh and Recharge Lounge: There will be designated areas on the show floor to facilitate networking, charge electronic devices and make new connections in one place. There will be scheduled 30-minute niche meet-ups in the R&R Lounges including young professionals, women's leadership, international guests, first-timers, and more.
In addition, the show floor will feature University Row, Student Poster Sessions, a Job Board, a Beer Garden, and much more. Over 600 exhibiting companies, spanning 220,000 square feet will offer equipment, machinery and demos for buyers in all of the vertical industry sectors, including: bakery, grains, seeds and snacks, beverage, dairy, meat, poultry and seafood, prepared foods, fruits and vegetables, confectionery and candy, co-packers, and pet foods. Registration is now open.
Source: Process Expo