Pork 101 scheduled For Texas A&M University, May 19-21
Registration for the American Meat Science Association (AMSA) PORK 101 that will be held May 19-21, 2015 at Texas A&M University ends May 9th. PORK 101 is hosted by AMSA in cooperation with the National Pork Board and is sponsored by Elanco Animal Health.
To help minimize travel costs, the three day program will begin at 10:00 AM on May 19th and conclude at noon on May 21st for afternoon departures. For a course outline and to register for PORK 101 please visit: http://www.pork101.org.
PORK 101 attendees will learn about the value differences in swine, pork carcasses, pork primals and processed pork products from meat science faculty and AMSA members at Texas A&M University.
The program features:
- Live Hog Grading and Evaluation
- Lean Value Pricing
- Quality Management at Slaughter
- Slaughter Floor HACCP
- Measuring Carcass Quality and Composition
- Process Control Testing
- Fresh Sausage Production
- Pork Carcass Fabrication
- Value Addition
- Consistency Improvement
- Enhanced Pork Production
- Curing Production
- Retail and Consumer Issues
Past attendees of the AMSA PORK 101 Course can attest to the importance of attending.
· I can speak to the entire process of how pork in harvested now. Understanding the primals and the bone-in/boneless cuts is very important in my role.
· This course provides an excellent foundation for anyone and all people working in the pork industry.
· Great course! I felt like the hands-on cutting was a great learning tool where I grew more familiar with each of the cuts of pork.
PORK 101 is co-sponsored by the American Association of Meat Processors (AAMP), American Society of Animal Science (ASAS), North American Meat Institute Foundation (NAMIF) and the Southwest Meat Association (SMA). Registration for AMSA members and other partnering organizations is $800. Non-member registration is $950.
A special thank you goes out to Elanco Animal Health, a company dedicated to enhancing animal health through science and innovation.
For more information or questions regarding PORK 101 please visit: www.pork101.org or contact Deidrea Mabry 1-800-517-AMSA ext. 12.