Food Safety Net Services (FSNS) and Food Safety Net Services Certification and Audit (FSNS C&A) today announced the FSNS Food Safety Conference in Amarillo, Texas on Wednesday, July 13. A tour and reception of the FSNS Amarillo Laboratory will follow after the conference along with a book signing by Dr. Temple Grandin.
The conference is open to the public at no charge, and will cover the latest developments in food safety from the most knowledgeable people in the industry, academia and government. The agenda includes the following topics: The Legal Challenges for FDA and the USDA Processing Plants, Food Fraud, Trends in GFSI Auditing, The Current State of Animal Welfare, and Quality Defined by the Customer.
Conference Registration 8:00am – 9:00am
Conference Schedule 9:00am – 4:30pm
Lab Grand Opening Reception & Book Signing: 4:45pm – 6:30pm
Conference Location: Amarillo Civic Center, Regency Room, 401 S.Buchanan St., Amarillo TX 79101
Lab Grand Opening/Reception and Book Signing: 331 North Nelson St., Amarillo TX 79107
- Elsa Murano, Ph.D., Professor and President Emerita for the Department of Nutrition and Food Science and the Director for the Norman E. Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture at Texas A&M University.
- Gary C. Smith, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor Emeritus at Colorado State University and Visiting Professor at Texas A&M University.
- Lori Ernst - Vice President of Auditing Services at FSNS C&A.
- Temple Grandin, Ph.D., Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University.
- Todd Bacon, Ph.D., Vice President of Quality Systems, US Supply Chain Management, at McDonald’s Corporation.
- Justin Ransom, Ph.D., Senior Director of Quality Systems, US Supply Chain Management, at McDonald’s Corporation.
- Al Almanza, (invited) USDA Deputy Under Secretary for Food Safety.
For more information, visit fsns.com.