Arby’ will become the first national sandwich chain to enter into the game meats category when it releases a Vanison Sandwich — available only in select locations and only on select days, however.
The Venison Sandwich at Arby’s features a thick-cut venison steak and crispy onions topped with a juniper berry sauce on a toasted specialty roll. The venison is marinated in garlic, salt and pepper and then cooked for three hours to juicy, tender perfection. The juniper berry sauce is a Cabernet steak sauce infused with juniper berries, giving the already unique sandwich another signature twist.
“Hunters hunt the meats, and we have the meats, so it makes sense for us to connect with them and offer a sandwich that they can’t get at any other restaurant chain,” said Rob Lynch, Chief Marketing Officer and Brand President of Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. “We’re a brand that’s not afraid to take risks and while the Venison sandwich is probably the biggest stretch for us yet, it’s incredibly delicious and we can’t wait to get it in the hands of our guests. You won’t leave a hunt empty-handed after stopping by Arby’s."
The Venison Sandwich will be offered at 17 Arby’s restaurants across America, each within heavy deer hunting areas in the states of Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Georgia. Restaurant locations and dates available are:
Available Oct. 31-Nov. 3
- 2044 Rosa L. Parks Blvd., Nashville, Tenn. 37228
Available Nov. 4-6
- 3821 Tower Ave., Superior, Wis. 54880
- 1690 Park Place Blvd., St. Louis Park, Minn. 55416
- 704 Highway 33 South, Cloquet, Minn. 55720
- 348 Lincoln Ave. SE, St. Cloud, Minn. 56301
- 3275 First St. S, St. Cloud, Minn. 56301
- 4415 Roswell Rd. NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30342
Available Nov. 12-15
- 4229 W Vienna Rd., Clio, Mich. 48420
- 4040 17 Mile Rd. NE, Cedar Springs, Mich. 49319
- 1215 M 89, Plainwell, Mich. 49080
- 8685 Birch Run Rd., Birch Run, Mich. 48415
Available Nov. 25-28
- 5205 Library Road, Bethel Park, PA 15102
- 4260 Ohio River Blvd., Bellevue, Penn. 15202
- 16 Towne Center Drive, Leechburg, Penn. 15656
- 2539 W State St., New Castle, Penn. 16101
- 2648 Ellwood Rd., New Castle, Penn. 16101
- 3224 Wilmington Rd., New Castle, Penn. 16105
In addition to the Venison Sandwich offering, Arby’s launched a national advertising campaign – It’s Meats Season – to celebrate the start of hunting season with hunters across the country. The ads can be viewed on the Arby’s YouTube Channel.