Just Spices delivers U.S. consumers dozen new spice blends
Enliven any standard dish – while transforming the very way we think about spices – with 12 mouth-thrilling new blends from Just Spices, the German-based company whose mission is to emotionalize the often-dusty, cupboard-restricted world of spices. And why not? The right spices can make a huge difference in making cooking creative and eating pleasurable!
Seven months ago, Just Spices invaded American kitchens with 20 amazing spice blends and two everyday essentials (salt and pepper), available exclusively via the website JustSpices.com. Now having traveled around the world to find the best, most authentic spices, it’s back with a dozen exhilarating new products for U.S. consumers, available on June 22.
- Berry Yogurt Seasoning: Yes, we are berry happy indeed! We’ve discovered some of the sweetest, most flavorful berries cultivated in fruit-growing regions, and have created this special seasoning to pimp your yogurt, curd or cereal. Mix with warm milk for a yummy anytime drink, or sprinkle over virtually any dessert.
- Blossom Mix: Modern chefs might use squash flowers or lavender tendrils as a garnish, but the use of edible blossoms in recipes dates back thousands of years, with more than 100 kinds of spoon-worthy garden flowers. Our proprietary mix adds amazing flavor and aroma to salads and rice dishes, from pancakes and French toast to all types of desserts.
- Chicken Seasoning: Foodies have long cried “Fowl!” over bland chicken dishes, and let’s be honest: chicken breasts especially can be dry and flavorless. So you might not have hours to prepare a sophisticated chicken dish in the spirit of Julia Child, but our Chicken Seasoning gives you a quick and easy way to enliven any chicken-based dish imaginable, as well as any number of vegetarian and rice dishes. That’s something to squawk about.
- Clean Eating Allrounder: What is clean eating? When you can barely drag yourself out of bed in the morning, or you feel mentally unfocused all day, maybe it’s time to forego the greasy fast food, cheesy pizza and sugary doughnuts. This all-purpose spice blend makes veggies and other foods delicious while helping you reach your health goals.
- Flavors of India: The Taj Mahal took eleven years to build, but our Flavors of India spice blend can turn any dish into an Indian masterpiece in just a few seconds! Redolent with curcuma, ginger, cilantro, paprika, onion and other classic Indian spices, this aromatic blend is perfect for meats, vegetables and rice.
- Hash Brown Seasoning: They’re flat, they’re crunchy, and they usually wind up slathered with ketchup. Why? Because diner-made hash browns might have some salt and pepper, but little else. Our seasoning features smoked salt, fenugreek, curry and a bit of nutmeg to upgrade any potato dish – not just hash browns, but roasted spuds and fries, too.
- Herbs de Provence: From bouillabaisse to ratatouille, Provençal cuisine is distinguished by a famous Mediterranean herb mix that evokes the pastoral charm of the southern French countryside. We’ve used only the best ingredients to make this king of herb blends worthy of Charlemagne. Try it on everything from fish, poultry and lamb, to zucchini and potatoes, to soups and salads. Bon appétit!
- Pasta Alfredo Seasoning: In the early 20th century, Roman-born chef Alfredo Di Lelio popularized his namesake sauce, a simple yet elegant combination of Parmesan cheese and butter. Traditionalists may insist on purity, but the classic sauce has always lent itself to embellishment. For Alfredo or any cream-based sauce, we’ve looked to the flavors of Italy to inspire the ideal seasoning to complement its indulgent richness.
- Ranch Dressing: For many, it’s the happy middle ground between mild oil-and-vinegar or Italian and more domineering Caesar or Thousand Island. But for others, it’s still too creamy. Our Ranch Dressing blend incorporates just the right amount of milk-based goodness to make your own healthy dressing. Just add to water, olive oil and vinegar. Shake, pour, and enjoy!
- Sweet Love: Shakespeare once wrote, “That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet!” The Bard might have written of sweet love, including Romeo and Juliet, and may well have enjoyed his share of confectionery as well. Whether for poetic playwrights or pastry-loving people everywhere, we’ve formulated a spice mix perfect for desserts, fruits and cereal, even hot beverages, with a tongue-tempting mix of cane sugar, almond, cinnamon and lemongrass.
- Tofu Seasoning: Often maligned in Western gastronomy as flavorless cubes lingering among salad bars, tofu has deep roots in Eastern history as a critical source of protein, especially for Buddhists and other vegetarians. Lending a much-needed “oh!” to tofu, our new Tofu Seasoning adds a ton of flavor to the venerable white bean curd, as well as cheese, potatoes and other veggies.
- Vegetable Seasoning: From artichokes to zucchinis, and the countless varieties of each, there are thousands of different vegetables in the world. So could there be one spice blend ideal for nearly all of them? Yes! we say. This exciting mix of paprika, cayenne pepper, Tellicherry pepper, onion and garlic boosts virtually any vegetable or pasta dish from tame to tantalizing.
“We are excited to bring twelve more amazing spice blends to the American market, to help home cooks reawaken a sense of discovery and to nurture the creative cook in all of us,” says Just Spices CEO and Co-Founder Florian Falk. With a strong focus on education, the company offers recipes, photos and videos on its website and social media pages, showing how its spices can be used in various recipes for adventurous palates to discover.
Headquartered in Dusseldorf, Germany, with U.S. offices in Los Angeles, Just Spices launched in the U.S. in October 2016 with 20 spice blends and two everyday essentials (salt and pepper), available exclusively via the website JustSpices.com. All products are certified USDA organic, with no flavor enhancers, each a standard 100 milliliters and ranging from $5.99-$7.99. For more information, please visit www.justspices.com.