17 Chicago Meat Authority employees hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak
Seventeen people were taken to hospitals this morning after emergency responders were called to the Chicago Meat Authority plant. NBC News reports that multiple people were complaining of difficulty breathing due to carbon monoxide leakage caused by a malfunctioning fan.
The Chicago Fire Department has reported that eight people are in good conditions, five in fair-to-serious condition, and four in serious condition.
Source: NBC News