Darden Restaurants recently announced the recipients of its annual “William B. Darden Distinguished Supplier Awards.” The award, named for the company's late founder, recognizes suppliers who continuously exceed expectations by providing innovative products and services that contribute to the success of the company. The awards were presented in Orlando last month.
The following companies were acknowledged:
- Louisa (St. Louis, Mo.) —for their efficient and effective partnership with the Olive Garden culinary team to create craveable and unique menu items for our guests like the Stuffed Fettucine and Stuffed Ziti.
- Taste It Presents (Kenilworth, N.J.) — for their commitment to innovation and partnership in providing Darden brands with new dessert selections, like the creative variety of Mini Indulgences at Seasons 52, which contributed to highly successful core and promotional menu offerings.
- Pat LaFrieda (North Bergen, N.J.) — for creating custom, high-quality burgers to enhance The Capital Grille’s signature burger offerings nationally.
- Sysco Specialty Meat (Houston, Texas) — for their innovative spirit in redeveloping and providing great solutions focused on Darden’s protein offerings. In addition, Sysco serves as a strategic partner with their commitment to quality and simplicity for all of our restaurants.
- Custom Foods of America (Knoxville, Tenn.) — for their relentless effort to ideate across all our brands and continuously invest into their own infrastructure to better support our ever-growing product needs.
“We recognize these five exceptional partners for their innovative and strategic work with our team members that helps bring to life our mission to constantly deliver outstanding food, drinks and service in an inviting atmosphere, making ever guest loyal,” said Doug Milanes, Chief Supply Chain Officer for Darden Restaurants. “The partnership with these five, and all our outstanding supplier partners, is integral to the success of each one of the nearly 1,800 restaurants we operate across the country.”
Source: Darden Restaurants