The American Meat Institute reported that guidelines include the following changes:
• Addition of guidance for the control of Campylobacter both at pre-harvest and during slaughter processing;
• Updated information regarding progress on implementation of the Salmonella verification program;
• Information for controlling Salmonella Enteritidis at pre-harvest provided in Appendix A;
• Information on current research by FSIS and the Agricultural Research Service; and
• Examples of case studies as additional ways of validating a plant's food system.
To see the complete Compliance Guideline for Controlling Salmonella and Campylobacter in Poultry go to the FSIS Web site: www.fsis.usda.gov/PDF/Compliance_Guideline_Controlling_Salmonella_Poultry.pdf