Excel, Sizzler and the local franchise where a strain of E. coli killed a young girl and sickened many others have argued in court over how responsibility should be shared in the outbreak. The three-year-old died eight years ago after eating watermelon tainted with the E. coli strain at a Sizzler's restaurant in
The company has already paid $8.5 million to the girl’s family. Excel reportedly said in a written statement that it is disappointed in the decision and is considering options.
Source: Associated Press