Recall of broccoli salad kits with bacon expanded
Taylor Farms Maryland, Inc. in Jessup, Md. and Taylor Farms Texas Inc. in Dallas are recalling approximately 22,849 pounds of broccoli salad kit products due to concerns about possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination in the salad dressing, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The salad dressing in the packets is the subject of a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recall.
The salad kits were shipped to distributors and retail locations (delis) for consumer purchase in Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia. The company is recalling these products in addition to the 5,084 pounds of similar products that were recalled on Oct. 25, 2013.
The products listed below are being recalled as part of this expansion:
- 6.06-lb. boxes labeled “TAYLOR FARMS BROCCOLI CRUNCH WITH BACON AND DRESSING” with the case code 310151, produced on Oct. 14 through Oct. 24, 2013.
- 12.13-lb. boxes labeled “TAYLOR FARMS BROCCOLI CRUNCH WITH BACON AND DRESSING” with the case code 310153, produced Oct. 14 through Oct. 24, 2013.
- 6.33-lb boxes labeled “Kit, Broc PPC” with case code 5900067, produced Oct. 15 through Oct. 20, 2013.
The products listed below were announced as part of the recall on
Oct. 25, 2013:
- 6.06-lb. boxes labeled “TAYLOR FARMS BROCCOLI CRUNCH WITH BACON AND DRESSING” with the case code 310151, produced on Oct. 21 and Oct. 22, 2013.
- 12.13-lb. boxes labeled “TAYLOR FARMS BROCCOLI CRUNCH WITH BACON AND DRESSING” with the case code 310153, produced Oct. 21 through Oct. 23, 2013.
Case labels bear the establishment number “EST. 34522” or “EST. 34733” inside the USDA mark of inspection. Retail consumers and the general public will not typically see the boxes and labels, because the product is typically unboxed by retailers (such as deli counters and restaurants) and the kit used to make salads for retail sale. The boxes and labels would be more likely to be seen by distributors and retailers.
Taylor Farms informed FSIS that salad dressing subject to an FDA recall was contained in the salad kits produced on the dates listed above. FSIS, FDA and the company have received no reports of illnesses associated with consumption of these products.