The 2015 Food Safety Summit will continue with its goal of "Providing Solutions for Today and Planning for Tomorrow" with focused sessions on FSMA Updates; a full day forum on integrating the nation's food safety system; a session on the 2014 foodborne outbreak and much more. The new program, which is now available, will offer over 20 educational sessions, pre-conference certification training on HACCP and Seafood HACCP; a keynote presentation from leading vice presidents of operations; the fourth annual town hall; a networking event to support Feeding America, and more. The 2015 Food Safety Summit Expo & Conference will take place from Tuesday, April 28 - Thursday, April 30 with pre-conference programs on Monday, April 27 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Maryland.
"The Food Safety Summit Educational Advisory Board has put together a dynamic line-up of sessions and speakers for the 2015 Conference, which is packed with prominent subject matter experts within the food safety community who will offer the most up-to-date information on the most pressing topics facing the industry," said Scott Wolters, Director for the Food Safety Summit. "We are thrilled to partner with AFDO for an all-day forum on Integrating the Nation's Food Safety System and offer the insights of leaders in government and industry in our focused FSMA sessions all taking place during the Summit."
Highlights of The 2015 Food Safety Summit Conference program include:
- Integrating the Nation's Food Safety System Forum- The Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) will present a full day forum where dozens of leaders will discuss the many efforts and projects that are in place for integrating the nation's food safety resources. Sessions will focus on the Vision of an Integrated Food Safety System (IFSS); The Past and Present of Building an IFSS; Testimonials in Action; Industry and Consumer Perspective and next steps on Implementing FSMA through an Integrated System. This forum will take place on Tuesday, April 28th.
- Focus on FSMA- The Food Safety Summit is offering a series of five sessions dedicated to providing updates on FSMA strategies focused on the Implementation of FSMA, the Produce Rule, the Preventive Control Rule, the Import Rules and the Intentional Adulteration Rule. Visit www.foodsafetysummit.comfor complete details.
- Departmental Cooperation for Food Safety Success Keynote Presentation- Join three renowned food operations leaders as they discuss the importance of departmental cooperation for a successful food safety program on Wednesday, April 29 from 9:30 - 11:00 am. Speakers include Charlean Gmunder, VP Manufacturing, Fresh Express; Donnie Temperley, VP Operations, Hormel Food Corporation; and Keith Carango, Senior VP/COO, The Cheesecake Factory. This interactive presentation will be moderated by Will Daniels, Former SVP Operations, Earthbound Farms.
- The 4th AnnualTown Hall will take place on Thursday, April 30 at 9:30 am. New to this year's panel will be CDC's Dr. Christopher Braden and USDA's Al Almanza who will join FDA's Mike Taylor and AFDO's Joseph Corby to discuss the pressing issues of today in regards to regulatory agencies and the private sector.
- Education Highlights include a session on the Foodborne Disease Outbreak Investigation which took place following the 2014 Food Safety Summit; Food Fraud Trends with international speakers from Belfast (UK), the European Commission and the China National Center for Food Safety Risk Assessment as well as a session on Hot Topics where Leadership, PCA, Local Sourcing and Food Safety Systems will be discussed by a dynamic panel of industry leaders.
- Networking Events - The Summit will offer several networking opportunities including the opening night Welcome Reception on Tuesday, April 28th and a new Food Safety Summit Gives Back Networking Reception on Wednesday, April 29th supporting Feeding America.
Registration is now open and the full conference program is now available live at www.foodsafetysummit.com.
Source: Food Safety Summit