A Whole Foods Market establishment located in Everett, Mass. is recalling approximately 234 pounds of curry chicken salad products that may be adulterated withListeria monocytogenes, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced.
The chicken curry salad was packaged on Oct. 16, 2015, and was sold prepackaged, in salad bars, in store's chef's cases, and in sandwiches and wraps prepared in the stores. The following products are subject to recall:
- Sold by weight “Curry Chicken Salad, Our Chef’s Own” bearing UPC Code # 285551.
- Sold by weight “Curry Chicken Salad CC” bearing UPC Code # 261068.
- Sold by weight “PPK Salad Chicken Curry” bearing UPC Code # 263142
- 12 oz. “Curry Chicken Salad Wrap, Made Right Here” bearing UPC Code # 263144.
- 7 oz. “Single Curry Chicken Salad Wrap, Made Right Here” bearing UPC Code # 263126.
- 7 oz. “Curry Chicken Salad Rollup” bearing UPC Code # 265325.
These items have a sell by date of Oct. 23, 2015 and were shipped to a warehouse and retail locations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island.
The problem was discovered when FSIS was notified of sample testing results performed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.