Experts from the Linde LLC food team will be available at booth #B5853 at the International Production & Processing Expo in Atlanta, January 26-28 to discuss advanced proprietary cryogenic freezers, and carbon dioxide (CO2) snow chilling solutions that can replace dry ice pellets.
Linde LLC helps meat and poultry processors that currently purchase dry ice pellets maximize productivity by switching to on-demand CO2 snow generation and advanced bottom injection systems. Linde technologies can be installed for a single processing area, or multiple areas and plant locations. On-demand CO2 snow-chilling solutions can satisfy food chilling needs across the plant – from rapidly equilibrating temperatures of meat and poultry in combo bins to chilling fresh food in boxes.
“We take a system-wide engineering approach to every installation, so we make it easy to adopt and integrate technology into existing plant operations,” said Mark DiMaggio, head of food & beverage, Linde LLC. Using Linde solutions across the plant for both chilling and process freezing offers significant value creation, reduces total cost of technology ownership and achieves economies of scale, he said. Proprietary advances in cryogenic freezing technology from Linde, which can quickly improve productivity, will also be featured at IPPE.
On-Demand CO2 Snow Chilling Solutions
- The DRI PACK® box chilling system and other automated solutions fill boxes with CO2 snow as they move along a conveyor.
- The ACCU-CHILL® combo chiller automates loading and chilling cut poultry in combo bins (video).
- Linde CO2 snow horns and snow generators are engineered to efficiently chill with CO2 snow.
Proprietary High Productivity Cryogenic Freezers
- The CRYOLINE® CW (CRYOWAVE®) IQF freezer uses a patented rolling-wave action on the conveyor belt to keep items separate as they are individually quick frozen.
- The Linde impingement freezer can freeze about 30 percent more than a standard tunnel freezer of similar length with a proprietary process that uses high-velocity liquid nitrogen.
Automated CO2 snow chilling systems from Linde produce more accurate and consistent temperatures across food than traditional dry ice pellet chilling and manual loading methods. They can also increase production, reduce labor costs and contribute to food safety. For processors switching from dry ice pellets or water ice for the first time, Linde CO2 snow generators with integral exhaust hoods can be quickly installed for processing stations throughout the plant.
In addition to systems that chill with CO2 snow, Linde offers advanced ACCU-CHILL bottom-injection (BI) systems that can now chill from the bottom of mixers using liquid nitrogen (LIN). The Linde LIN BI system has proven highly effective in recent years in chilling even wet poultry mixes.
The Linde food team performs in-plant assessments and works with food processors to develop optimal solutions. For more information visit Linde (www.lindefood.com) at IPPE Booth #B5853, or call: 800-755-9277.