The latest gluten-free offerings from Kusina are part of Ramar Food’s commitment to bridging cultures through food, and making health-conscious Asian flavors with the highest quality ingredients. Ramar Vice President, PJ Quesada, shares “Our main audience for Kusina is not necessarily those of Asian descent, but rather those that are searching for new flavor experiences at home.”
Demand for Asian cuisine is growing. “Ethnic dishes posted the largest gains among the types of food prepared at home over the past five years; 28% of consumers made more international dishes, according to a Food Marketing Institute (FMI) report.” A. Elizabeth Sloan, PhD of Institute of Food Technology (IFT) continues, "Those under age 45, households with children, and those living in the West are the most likely to try new ethnic flavors/cuisines, according to NRA data. Fifty-three percent of consumers now take a break from their normal eating routines at least one day a week; 23% seek distinctive new flavors, and 13% look for less familiar ethnic cuisines.” Research is showing the there is greater variety and more spices to life in America’s kitchen than ever before.
Kusina’s new snack and entrée products are:
- Vegetable Spring Rolls are so tasty it’s hard to believe they’re gluten free and low fat. These convenient vegetarian rolls bake up in just 10 minutes. Serve them as an appetizer, a snack or even a light entrée.
- Chicken Spring Rolls are a hearty and flavorful Filipino twist on traditional lumpia recipes. Delicious spiced chicken and crunchy vegetables are folded into a light, crispy, artisan wrapper for a gluten free and low fat treat.
- Rice Noodle Stir Fry is made with the highest quality ingredients and distinct blend of Southeast Asian spices. This reinvented version of Rice Noodle Stirfy is sure to please those looking or a gluten-free noodle fix. Balanced with a mix of crunchy vegetables and convenient ready-to-serve rice noodles are simmered in chicken broth and delectable Stir Fry sauce.
- Tangy Chicken & Rice starts with succulent, all natural chicken braised in a zesty adobo sauce, and is served with rice, making for a convenient and satisfying meal any time of the day.
- Chicken Sauté is made with all natural chicken, featuring the bright flavors of vinegar, lemon, and spiced with just the right amount of peppery heat. Just microwave and enjoy a tasty gluten free meal.
- Chicken Empanadas are delectable handheld snacks pack with all natural ingredients. The tender baked crusts, surround a savory and sweet filling, making these warm and chewy pockets the ultimate convenient on-the-go snack.
Kusina's non-GMO certification is pending certification. All Kusina ingredients are not derived from genetically modified sources. The line is made in Northern California, just 35-miles East of San Francisco. A third-generation, Filipino-American family owned and operated business for over 45-years. The suggested retail price is $5.49-$6.49.
Ramar Foods was the first company to offer prepared Filipino entrees and snacks to a mainstream American audience. Kusina (meaning “kitchen” in Tagalog) represents the most popular dishes in a Filipino-American’s home, prepared and ready to serve.