With Major League Baseball's Opening Day approaching, Aramark, the award-winning food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services partner at ten MLB stadiums, today announced an expanded partnership with Andrew Zimmern, the three-time James Beard Award-winning TV personality, chef and teacher, to bring his signature offerings to even more baseball fans this season.
Zimmern, who is best known as host and Executive Producer of Travel Channel's Bizarre Foods, debuted as an Aramark ballpark partner last season at Kauffman Stadium, where he introduced Andrew Zimmern's Canteen Links and Andrew Zimmern's Canteen Skewers, serving hot dogs, brats, sausages and flat bread sandwiches.
"Thanks to the successful launch of Andrew's concepts in Kansas City last year, we are excited to expand our relationship with him and provide even more fans the opportunity to sample his culinary creations," said Carl Mittleman, President of Aramark's Sports and Entertainment division. "Every year we try to introduce something new that will enhance the game day experience, and I'm confident fans will be pleased with these new options from Andrew Zimmern, as well as the other items our teams are rolling out."
"Aramark understands better than anyone that fans of all ages want a better culinary experience at the ballpark or wherever folks are convening. By offering such tremendous variety and depths of products from chefs all over America they are providing visionary leadership where it matters most, at meal time. And most importantly Aramark cares about quality. The food is the thing. No gimmicks. No fads. Just great stadium fare made to order, which is what we all want to settle into our seats with," said Zimmern.
This season, Zimmern developed four signature items exclusively for Aramark's menus at Citizens Bank Park, Coors Field, Fenway Park, Kauffman Stadium, Minute Maid Park and PNC Park.
- AZ's Canteen Dog- Piedmontese hot dog with roasted vegetable mayo, house-made grain mustard, cabbage slaw and pickled jalapeños, on a toasted bun
- AZ's Canteen Sausage-Cheddar sausage with roasted vegetable mayo, house-made grain mustard, cabbage slaw and pickled jalapeños, on a toasted bun
- Lamb Koefte Burrito- Lamb koefte and fried eggplant slices with tomato cucumber salad, green hot sauce and tahini, wrapped in a tortilla
- Korean Fried Pork Belly Sandwich-Battered and fried pork belly with grilled pineapple, gochujang sauce and chili lime salt, on a toasted bun
Aramark and Zimmern are also partnering on the development of the dining program at U.S. Bank Stadium, the new home of the Minnesota Vikings, which is scheduled to open later this year.
NEW EATS AT THE BALLPARK
Among the other new items Aramark will roll out at the eight MLB ballparks where it manages food and beverage services:
Chicken & Waffles
- Chicken & Waffle On A Stickwith a maple Sriracha drizzle, served with a broccoli and cabbage slaw (Rogers Centre, Toronto Street Eats, Section 134)
- Federal Fried Chicken Sandwich– Boneless chicken breast with buttermilk ranch seasoning, American cheese, dill pickle and spicy Rooster Sauce, on a Martin's Potato Roll (Citizens Bank Park, behind Section 140)
- Our Chicken– Fried chicken over Rivertowne Lager waffles, with vanilla-rosemary syrup (PNC Park, Hall of Fame Club)
- Sweet Potato Waffle Chicken Sandwich– Homemade sweet potato waffle with grilled chicken breast, Greek yogurt, baby spinach and sliced tomatoes (Minute Maid Park, Urban Bistro, Section 226)
- Beach Comber – Hot dog topped with pineapple, BBQ sauce and jalapeños (Coors Field, Sections 130 and 144)
- Champions Alley Dog– Bacon wrapped, tempura battered, foot long hot dog with sweet slaw and chipotle ketchup on a local pretzel bun (Kauffman Stadium, Section 206)
- Cracker Jack and Mac Dog– Foot-long, all beef hot dog with Cracker Jack, macaroni and cheese, salted caramel sauce and fried jalapeños, on naan bread. Served with a bag of Cracker Jack (PNC Park, Section 144)
- Sonoran Dog – hickory bacon wrapped natural casing hot dog with smoked tomatillo salsa verde, Tabasco mayo, chopped tomato and onions (Citizens Bank Park, Section 134)
Burgers & Sandwiches
- Champions Alley Burger– Cheese stuffed, tempura battered, cheddar bacon burger with sweet slaw, chipotle ketchup and fried pickle on a local roll (Kauffman Stadium, Section 206)
- Meat Loaf "Burger"– House made ground beef and spicy sausage meatloaf with Rogers Centre's signature tomato sauce, provolone cheese and arugula, on a brioche bun (Rogers Centre, all Queen Street locations and TD Comfort Clubhouse)
- Rockies Corned Beef Sandwich – Corned beef with onion tanglers, Dijon slaw and Swiss cheese, on a soft roll (Coors Field, Wazee Market)
- Savenor's Steak Tip Sandwich– Marinated Steak tips with cheese and BBQ sauce, on a crusty roll (Fenway Park, Big Concourse and Yawkey Way)
- Pork Sandwich– Sliced pork loin with grilled onions, banana peppers, provolone cheese and special sauce on a freshly baked roll (Fenway Park, Big Concourse and Yawkey Way)
- The 108 Burger – 6 oz. LaFrieda burger with hand sliced hot pastrami, New York deli mustard and Havarti cheese, on a fresh baked pretzel roll with (Citi Field, Keith's Grill)
- "Buffalo" Cauliflower Poutine– Lightly breaded cauliflower, tossed in classic buffalo hot sauce, topped with cheese curds, "cheesy" gravy and fresh, chopped scallions (Rogers Centre, Toronto Street Eats- Section 134 and TD Comfort Clubhouse)
- Chipotle Pescado– Coffee-rubbed salmon on a tortilla, served with mango-jalapeño ranch and a chipotle aioli (Minute Maid Park, Street Eats, Section 126 & 409)
- Duck Fat Fries(Citizens Bank Park, Harry the K's)
- Irish Nachos– Kettle chips covered with jalapeño queso, roasted tomatoes and assorted nacho toppings (Minute Maid Park, Street Eats, Section 126 & 409)
- The Flying Pig– A deep fried pork shank in peanut curry ranch, served with a sweet chili apple slaw (Minute Maid Park, Street Eats, Section 126 & 409)
- Chef's Elizabeth's Handcrafted Mini Sugared Donutswith a crème anglaise dipping sauce (Rogers Centre, Toronto Street Eats, Section 134)
Popcorn & Cracker Jack
- Cheetos Popcorn– Fresh popped popcorn tumbled with Cheetos and Cheetos flavoring (Fenway Park, Gate B and Gate A)
- Cracker Jack Sundae – Vanilla-fudge ice cream with crushed Cracker Jack, salted caramel sauce and cream cheese whipped topping (PNC Park, Hall of Fame Club)
As part of Aramark's Healthy for Life 20 By 20 initiative, and ongoing commitment to providing fans with greater variety, choice and access to healthier menu options, Aramark is expanding the availability of "better-for-you" products throughout the ballparks it serves. Beginning this season, Aramark will introduce two healthier alternatives to the typical fan favorite fare that will be widely available in general concessions:
- GoPicnic Black Bean Dip pack– Black bean dip, crispy roasted plantain chips, Ginger Zip™ fruit & nut mix, apricot Flexible Fruit™ roll and an edamame, pepita & sunflower seed blend (gluten free, non-GMO and vegan)
- GoPicnic Turkey Pepperoni pack– Turkey pepperoni slices, asiago cheese spread, multi-seed crackers, Baja Blend™ fruit & nut mix and Zeppelin™ sea salt caramel lollipop (gluten free with no artificial colors or flavors, separate components within the box are also kosher, non-GMO and vegetarian)
Other new healthier options available this season include:
- Fenway Farms– Assorted wraps, salads, deli sandwiches, seasonal dishes will incorporate ingredients from the Fenway Farm (Fenway Park, Yawkey Way, Right Field Concourse and Visitor's Clubhouse)
- Market Place – Assorted vegetarian and better-for-you options including veggie dogs and burgers, hummus and pretzel chips, custom salads, wraps and whole fruit (Kauffman Stadium, Section 203)
CONCESSION STAND OF THE FUTURE
The food and beverage experience at sports venues is evolving at an ever-quickening pace. Although an ordinary concession stand represents rich tradition and history, Aramark is introducing solutions to transform the experience for the next generation of fans.
Fastball Foodsis an exclusive Aramark prototype at Minute Maid Park that explores bringing fans' favorite foods to them in a new way-- better, faster, easier. Using Aramark's progressive guest experience research and the latest tools and technology, a concession stand was designed where the guest has the ultimate level of control through self-ordering kiosks and beverage stations, and color-coded pick-up areas. Located on the Mezzanine level of Minute Maid Park, Fastball Foods will offer standard concession fair, such as hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, peanuts, soda, beer and more.
Aramark is the proud partner of ten Major League Baseball teams, providing food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services to the Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, Colorado Rockies, Houston Astros, New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Diego Padres, Toronto Blue Jays and the 2015 World Champions, Kansas City Royals. Aramark will manage the MLB.com Shop at All-Star FanFest, this July, in San Diego.