Sterilex launches rapid biological hygiene indicator
Sterilex announced the launch of Indicon Gel, a rapid biological hygiene indicator specifically designed to detect the presence of biofilm on a surface.
In a ready-to-use spray bottle, Indicon Gel provides a cost-effective, rapid, visual indication of the presence of biofilm on a wide variety of surfaces which may contain harmful microorganisms such as Listeria, Escherichia coli (E.coli) or Salmonella. When the product encounters biofilm, Indicon Gel rapidly produces white micro-bubbles/foam within 2 minutes, providing a quick visual indicator of potential harborage niches.
“In today’s food processing environment, rapid, accurate detection of microbial “hot spots” is critical to sanitation verification and quality assurance. Indicon Gel was developed to address that specific need” said Alex Josowitz, EVP, Business Development. “Indicon Gel is faster than conventional testing methods, more cost effective, and provides a quick visual, on the spot indication if biofilm is present.”
The product’s key features include:
- Rapidly detects the presence of invisible biofilm harborage niches
- Provides a cost-effective, quick visual indication of the presence of biofilm on a surface which may contain microorganisms such as Listeria, Escherichia coli (E.coli) or Salmonella
- Easy, ready to use spray gel, no mixing needed
- Allows for detection on large surface areas
- Reaches niches a swab cannot
- Micro-bubble reaction is readily visible on a variety of surfaces
- Perfect for “seek and destroy” missions
To learn more, visit www.sterilex.com.