Butterball employee electrocuted in Mt. Olive, NC plant
A member of the maintenance crew at the Butterball plant in Mt. Olive, N.C. was killed on Tuesday, Sept. 20, while working on the job. WRAL News reports that Robert McCullen, 28, was electrocuted by a cable while doing maintenance work.
Butterball has released a statement about the incident. The statement reads:
“Butterball’s first concern is always the safety and well-being of our team members, and we are deeply saddened by the death of a team member that occurred Tuesday afternoon at the Butterball Mount Olive, North Carolina facility. An accident occurred while an employee was performing maintenance duties and the employee died as a result of his injuries. Robert McCullen, 28, was a maintenance team lead and had been with Butterball since 2010. We extend our heartfelt prayers and condolences to his family and friends.
“Team members performed CPR immediately while emergency personnel were notified and responded to the scene, but were unable to revive him. In addition to conducting an internal investigation, we are working closely with authorities and are offering our full cooperation during this investigation. Grief counseling and support through the Employee Assistance Program is available at the facility.”