Women in Meat Northeast is an event designed for women whose livelihood intersects with the world of livestock such as butchers, farmers, processors, chefs, value-added producers, distributers, and service providers across all segments of the industry. The group’s goal is to provide women with the opportunities to learn from and network with one another, while developing valuable skills and growing and strengthening their respective businesses and brands.
Women in Meat is hosting its second annual conference in Harvard Forest, Mass., October 22nd through 24th. Workshops held during the event will include a two-part session on breaking down a beef carcass, , breaking down a hog carcass, food safety, building a better burger, industry trends and more. Speakers at the conference include:
- Claire Brown, New Food Economy
- Sarah Flack, Sarah Flack Consulting, Author: The Art and Science of Grazing and Organic Dairy Production
- Samantha Garwin, Fleishers Craft Butchery
- Alicia Pedemonti, Northeast Pork Association
- Heide Purinton-Brown, Toddy Pond Farm, Monroe, ME
- Pam Robinson, Robinson Farm, Hardwick, MA
Robinson Farm is an award winning, artisanal, certified organic, raw milk cheese producer
- Federica Baldan Sabez, Life/Work Consultant & Trainer
- Julia Shanks, Julia Shanks Food Consulting, Author: The Farmer's Office and The Farmers Market Cookbook
- Kate Stillman, Stillman Quality Meats
- Mackenzie Waro, Livestock Processing and Marketing Specialist, Harvest New York [a project of Cornell Cooperative Extension, Cornell University]HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) Lead Instructor,FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) for Animal Feeds Lead Instructor,
SQF (Safe Quality Foods) Certified, and works with USDA for cattle grading and carcass grading.
- Lucinda Williams, Luther Belden Farm, Hatfield, MA Past Chair Cattlemen's Beef Board
- Kari Underly, Range® Meat Academy, Author: The Art of Beef Cutting: A Meat Professional's Guide to Butchering and Merchandising
To learn more about the event and to purchase tickets, go to https://www.universe.com/events/women-in-meat-northeast-2017-tickets-gardner-V28XCB.
Source: Women in Meat Northeast