For the first time, Rumba Meats, Cargill’s variety meats brand incorporating flavors featured in popular Hispanic dishes, launched a special promotion celebrating a “Summer of Fútbol.” The promotion will run until July 15, and intends to inspire consumers to celebrate together with watch party ideas and recipes using Rumba products developed by popular bloggers and influencers. It features attention-getting fútbol-themed on-pack labels, digital promotional materials for retailers and an interactive social media campaign.
“With fan-favorites like oxtail and skirt steak, we want consumers to celebrate this season of soccer with Rumba products,” said Hilary Gerard, brand manager for Rumba Meats.
On average, Hispanic shoppers spend more on groceries than total U.S. consumers and are twice as likely to purchase variety meats. This segment of shoppers are also two times more likely to play soccer and attend or host a soccer watch party.
Rumba Meats offers 30 different specialty beef products including tongue, oxtail, tripe, cheek meat, inside skirt steak and other products used in popular Hispanic dishes. The Rumba brand offers hand-packed products that remain fresher in refrigerators longer using vacuum-sealed packaging.
The promotional program will provide retailers with a content package that includes a home-page banner ad for the retailer’s website and social media posts to use on their channels.
Market activation will include:
- Television commercial spots
- A fútbol-themed Rumba Meats landing page and a downloadable coupon for shoppers
- Interactive social media posts on Facebook and Instagram
- A Pinterest board featuring celebrated recipes, fútbol watch party ideas and more
- An influencer partnership with popular bloggers, such as Karen Delgado of “Mi Cocina Rápida,” and Brenda Cisneros of “Mejorando Mi Hogar,” to create breakfast recipes for morning fútbol watch parties incorporating Rumba™ Meats products. Recipes will be available at http://rumbameats.com/la-familia
Rumba Meats products are offered across the U.S. at select major retailers. Consumers can use the online store locator to find Rumba products nearby.
Source: Rumba Meats/Cargill