NAMP Convention program announced
The program focuses on “Critical Issues in 2009: Your Markets…Food Safety…Your Raw Material Suppliers.”
The blue-ribbon speaker line-up features:
• Chris Miller, Principal Meat Economist at Sara Lee Foodservice
• Mike Miller, Chief Operating Officer of Cattle-Fax
• Al Almanza, Administrator of USDA Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS)
• Tim Powell, Senior Manager of Technomic Inc.
• Dr. Nate Booth, veteran business performance coach
The speaker line-up also features NAMP Senior Science Advisor Dr. Jim Marsden, Regent’s Professor at Kansas State University (KSU), NAMP’s Canadian Government Affairs Representative Robert de Valk, and NAMP’s own staff experts.
NAMP continues the recall training it started at its March Management Conference, with media training for executive level managers from Daren Williams, Executive Director for Spokesperson Development at the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA).
This year’s Convention Chair is Jim Kenny of Urner Barry, who worked with NAMP President Mark Shuket and NAMP staff to build this year’s outstanding and timely program designed to offer meat and poultry companies insights into what they face next year.
The Convention and Outlook Conference is open to the entire industry, and NAMP welcomes non-members. For more information about the convention, visit www.namp.com.
Source: North American Association of Meat Processors