Tyson Foods Inc. has announced eight companies as “Supplier of the Year.” It’s the tenth year for the annual recognition program. The winning companies received their awards at a luncheon held Friday, April 3, at Tyson Foods’ World Headquarters in Springdale, Arkansas.
The Supplier of the Year winners are:
• Newly Weds Foods, Inc., a supplier of batters, breadings, coatings, spices and seasonings, based in Chicago
• Zip-Pak, which supplies re-sealable, flexible zipper packages, of Manteno, Illinois
• Hantover Inc., a distributor of personal protection, safety, and janitorial and sanitation supplies based in Overland Park, Kansas
• Hugg & Hall Equipment Co., a regional supplier of industrial rental equipment, of Little Rock, Arkansas
• Kerry Ingredients & Flavours, Beloit, Wisconsin - Innovation Supplier of the Year
• Zones, Inc., an Auburn, Washington, technology solutions provider - Diverse Supplier of the Year
• Midland Industrial Service, Rogers, Arkansas - Contractor of the Year, Poultry & Prepared Foods Division
• Reliance Construction of Iowa, Schleswig, Iowa - Contractor of the Year, Fresh Meats Division
The recipients were chosen based on supply-chain performance, total cost of ownership, pricing programs, customer-service performance, sustainability initiatives and other performance metrics observed throughout the year.
“We believe it’s important for us to recognize our top suppliers, since they’re an important part of our success as a company,” said Melanie Russell, senior vice president of procurement for Tyson Foods.
The theme of the awards luncheon was centered on the suppliers’ contribution to the success of Tyson Foods and its recent integration with The Hillshire Brands Company. Tyson Foods President and CEO Donnie Smith addressed the luncheon, thanking the winners for their hard work as business partners during 2014 and recognizing their abilities to drive out costs, while driving efficiency.
Russell, Mike Roetzel, Tyson Foods group vice president of operation services, and Craig Bacon, senior vice president of research and development for Tyson Foods, also took part in the event.
Source: Tyson Foods