Linde explores cryogenic freezing solutions for food processors
Linde LLC offers a new informational white paper on the adoption and benefits of advanced cryogenic freezing systems used at food processing plants. Cryogenic freezing systems help food processors reduce product losses, boost quality and increase product throughput. Download the white paper here.
Titled, “High-Efficiency Cryogenic Freezing for Food Processing,” the 12-page white paper is available as a free download via this link. The white paper offers an objective overview of cryogenic technology and then details its process advantages and a variety of solutions for efficient freezing including: tunnel freezers, individually quick freezing (IQF) freezers, immersion freezers, spiral freezers, immersion spiral freezers, impingement freezers, pellet freezers, and cryo-mechanical freezing systems.
The technology leverages the extreme cold freezing power of food-grade gases – carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitrogen (N2), for processing: meat, poultry, seafood, prepared foods, bakery, dairy and frozen dessert items, and individually quick frozen (IQF) products.
Cryogenic gases can freeze small or high volumes of food products faster than traditional methods, which equates to improved quality, higher throughput, quicker changeover rates, and often a saving in floor space and operating costs. State-of-the-art cryogenic freezing solutions include freezers with hygienic design and offer food manufacturers significant bottom-line benefits, including improved productivity and temperature control.
Linde has been providing innovative cryogenic freezing solutions for decades across food industry sectors including:
- Poultry: Cryogenic solutions can improve the speed and yield of freezing processes, for example, individual quick freezing (IQF), and reduce evaporative and dehydration losses on cooked and marinated products.
- Red Meat: Cryogenic freezing can efficiently process red meat products at high volume with low dehydration rates.
- Seafood: The rapid freezing process preserves texture and freshness while ensuring IQF products are more than 99 percent individually quick frozen.
- Baking: Cryogenic freezing preserves the entire structure of the baked or par-baked product and the high quality of dough.
- Prepared Foods: Fast in-line freezing and cooling protects the product’s flavor profile, and with the formation of smaller ice crystals, there is less drip loss and a higher quality product.
The Linde food team performs in-plant assessments and works with processors to develop optimal process solutions. For more information, visit: www.lindefood.com, or call: 800-755-9277.
Linde LLC supports the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and the advancement of food safety. Linde has a Food Safety Management System in place for all bulk carbon dioxide (CO2) plants and air separation facilities supplying the food & beverage industry in North America. In June 2012, Linde became the first supplier to certify all of its CO2 plants to a benchmarked GFSI scheme, FSSC 22000 (Food Safety System Certification).
For more information, visit www.lindeus.com