All Stainless Steel Pump Finish is now standard
Alfa Laval SRU and SX pumps are now constructed with an all stainless steel finish, resulting in an even more hygienic process:
- A corrosion-free, all stainless steel external finish for an easier and cleaner washdown
- Eliminates gear box paint flaking or rusting
- Ideal for all hygienic food, dairy, beverage and BioPharm plants
- Available in SRU and SX 1-4 horizontal or vertical configurations
- SRU and SX 5-6 models will now be painted with a silver grey gear box until they are available in stainless steel early next year
- Together with OptiLobe, the entire Alfa Laval 1-6 rotary lobe pump portfolio will soon feature an all stainless steel finish
Energy efficient pumping and gentle handling of sensitive process fluids
Cutting energy use while safeguarding product quality
Proven performance and reliability
Alfa Laval SRU rotary lobe pumps are carefully engineered to provide reliable performance, trouble-free operation and superior energy efficiency for demanding applications in the dairy, food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceutical industries.
It is an excellent choice for duties that require contamination-free pumps to meet high standards of hygiene, low-shear and low-pulsation operation. This pump handles both Cleaning-in-Place and Sterilization-in-place, and can be supplied with thorough documentation to support rigorous validation requirements.
Consistency with minimal risk of contamination
Alfa Laval SRU rotary lobe pumps are designed with features that maximize performance and minimize the risk of contamination. These include a defined compression front cover sealing, rotor nut retention design, drainable pump head and ultra-clean surface finishes.
Understanding of flow patterns is vital to ensure high efficiency fluid transfer with low pulsation, low shear and low noise characteristics. Alfa Laval employs Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to establish exact geometry for the rotors and rotor case.
Robust construction – low maintenance
To deliver reliable operation and low maintenance the SRU features a robust gearbox construction with heavy-duty shafts, torque locking assemblies and taper roller bearings throughout.
Certification, specification and standards
Alfa Laval SRU rotary lobe pumps comply with EHEDG, 3-A, 3.1 and FDA hygienic standards and have ATEX approval for use in explosive environments.
For more information, visit www.alfalaval.com.