Bellisio Foods, one of the nation’s largest, most trusted and fastest growing frozen food companies, is adding six new EatingWell frozen meals to its popular single-serve entrée line. EatingWell frozen entrées range from classic comfort food to adventurous world flavors, with lots of vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins.
“We’re excited about these additions because they bring new and interesting flavors to our already successful EatingWell product line,” says Ken Stickevers, president, Bellisio Foods. “Plus, our consumers asked for more gluten-free options, and we’re happy to deliver that, along with an amazing vegetarian gnocchi dish that serves up 14 grams of protein.”
The six new entrées are:
- Chicken & Fingerling Potatoes – Roasted white chicken with fingerling potatoes and vegetables in a whole grain mustard sauce; gluten-free
- Gnocchi with Garden Vegetables – Whole wheat gnocchi with peppers, broccoli and kale in a creamy tomato vodka sauce; vegetarian
- Steak Carne Asada – Grilled beef steak and brown rice in a roja sauce with corn, red peppers and black beans; gluten-free
- French Inspired Chicken – Roasted white chicken with vegetables and potatoes in a rich Chardonnay sauce; gluten-free
- Thai Style Peanut Chicken – Roasted white chicken in a creamy peanut sauce with vegetables on multigrain pasta
- Butter Chicken Masala – Roasted white chicken and brown basmati rice in a rich curry sauce with spinach and carrots; gluten free
The new flavors complement current consumer favorites Vermont Cheddar Mac & Cheese, Cherry Port Pork, Korean Inspired Beef, Chicken & Wild Rice Stroganoff, Spicy Asian Inspired Chicken and Creamy Pesto Chicken.
In line with Bellisio’s commitment to providing convenient, great-tasting food made to fit consumers’ healthful lifestyles, each EatingWell entrée starts with one cup of vegetables; 13 or more grams of protein; chicken, beef or pork raised without antibiotics; and whole grains. Each meal is free of artificial colors and flavors, preservatives, MSG and hydrogenated oils.
Bellisio licenses the EatingWell brand from Meredith Corporation. “The consumer’s appetite for EatingWell’s food content across all media channels has never been stronger,” says Elise Contarsy, vice president of Meredith Brand Licensing. “The positive response to last year’s frozen entrée launch demonstrates we’re also delivering what she wants and expects from the brand in the grocery store.”
The new entrées will be available beginning in June 2017. EatingWell frozen meals are currently sold in 8,000 retail stores nationwide. Find them at http://frozenfresh.eatingwell.com/where-to-buy/.