Farmers are always looking new and better ways to find efficiencies and create better conditions for their livestock.
For poultry farmers working within humid climates and dealing with issues such as heat stress, evaporative cooling systems are a common solution. Common in chicken barns, evaporative cooling systems work to reduce and control temperatures and eliminate instances of heat stress on the birds. Key to ensuring the cooling system operates properly is powering it with the right pump.
“It is important to use a pump that is crafted from quality materials and produces an even water flow rate,” says George Micevski, President of Zoeller Canada. “These are important elements to consider when the health of your livestock is at risk.”
Coated with a corrosion-resistant powder epoxy finish, Zoeller’s evaporative cooling pumps are both watertight and air tight. Equipped with a glass filled, engineered plastic non-clogging vortex impeller with metal insert, the 370 Series generates reliable water flow to maximize efficiency.
Unique product features of the 370 Series of Evaporative Cooling Pumps include:
- Motor oil-filled, hermetically-sealed, automatic reset thermal overload protected
- Permanently lubricated upper and lower bearings
- Stainless steel screws and handle
- No sheet metal parts to rust or corrode
- No screens to clog
- Watertight, neoprene square ring between motor and pump housing
- Silicon Carbide/Carbon shaft seal
- Entire unit pressure-tested after assembly
- Maximum temperature for effluent or dewatering: 130 °F (54 °C)
- 1-1/2" NPT Discharge
- Completely submersible
Zoeller will be showcasing its series of evaporative cooling pumps and other premium products at the International Production and Processing Show in Atlanta from February 12th to 14th.
Visit Zoeller at IPPE in Booth #C11817.
For more information, please visit zoeller.com.