The 10 finalists for the 2012 International Boston Seafood Show’s Seafood Excellence Awards new products competition were announced recently. The Seafood Excellence Awards annually recognize the product leaders in the North American seafood market. Each year exhibitors at the event have the opportunity to submit their new products for consideration. Products are evaluated by three seafood industry experts on their uniqueness and appropriateness to the market, including taste profile, packaging, market potential, convenience for the end-user and consumer, nutritional value and originality.
The finalists in the foodservice category are:
- American Pride Seafoods’ Sweet Potato Crunch Nuggets
- Fishery Products International’s FPI FireRoasters Bacon Bourbon BBQ Salmon
- Dish Hospitality’s Oriental Shrimp Nests
The finalists in the retail category are:
- Morey’s Seafood International’s Shrimp Creations Shrimp with Thai Curry Sauce
- Grieg Seafood Hjaltland UK’s Wildwaters Gravadlax ‘Limoncello’
- High Farms Limited’s Salmon Mignon with a Green Tea and Ginger Glaze and an Aromatic Broth Mix
- Dish Hospitality’s International Shrimp S’cones – Creamy Tomato & Coconut Curry
- Slade Gorton’s Salmon Teriyaki Rice Bowl
- Calendar Islands Maine Lobster LLC – Calendar Islands’ Maine Lobster Paté Vol Au Vents
- Maristellas Fine Foods’ Wild Caught Shrimp Gumbo Pot Pie with Andouille and Medeira Wine
Each finalist’s product will be showcased during the three-day event in Boston. The winners of the foodservice and retail categories will be announced at the Seafood Excellence Awards Ceremony and Reception on Sunday, March 11th at 3:30pm in the Demonstration Theater, booth #1785 at the show.
Source: Boston Seafood Show