Meat, poultry products produced without inspection recalled in Rhode Island
Greencore USA, Inc., a North Kingstown, R.I. establishment, is recalling approximately 1,341 pounds of meat and poultry products that were produced without the benefit of federal inspection and outside inspection hours, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced.
The meat and poultry wrap and salad items were produced on April 7, 14, 18, 21 and 25, 2016. The following products are subject to recall:
- 7.7-oz. packages of “STARBUCKS SOUTHWEST STYLE STEAK WRAP” with use-by dates of 4/10/2016 and 4/24/2016.
- 8.2-oz. packages of “STARBUCKS THAI-STYLE PEANUT CHICKEN WRAP” with use-by dates of 4/10/2016 and 4/17/2016.
- 9.5-oz. packages of “STARBUCKS ZESTY CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN SALAD BOWL” with a use-by date of 4/28/2016.
- 7.8-oz. packages of “HANNAFORD ITALIAN PESTO WRAP” with a use-by date of 4/25/2016.
- 7-oz. packages of “HANNAFORD ASIAN-STYLE SALAD” with a use-by date of 4/30/2016.
- 9.9-oz. packages of “TURKEY HILL FRESH TO GO GRILLED CHICKEN RANCH WRAP” with a use-by date of 4/23/2016
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “P-45540” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to distributors for retail sale in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island.
The problem was discovered by FSIS inspection program personnel while reviewing establishment records during verification activities. There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.