Emerson has introduced the TopworxTM GO Switch Model 52M — a 12 mm proximity sensor designed specifically for applications in outdoor and challenging industrial environments. The new sensor is well-suited for material handling, mobile equipment, industrial equipment, and food and beverage processing applications.
“The GO Switch 52M is highly durable, does not require power, and operates across a wide temperature range,” said Emill Melliz, senior product manager, GO Switch. “Our proximity sensor is ideal for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) desiring reduced maintenance and fewer equipment breakdowns. The GO Switch provides a much more rugged alternative to the inductive proximity sensor and is far more reliable than a reed switch,” said Melliz.
The Model 52M incorporates the GO Switch’s unique dry contact proximity sensor technology that uses magnets to control a set of contacts. This technology’s durability and reliability have been proven in over 60 years of service in the process industries. Its advantages include:
- No power requirement – provides application flexibility
- High reliability – tested to 5 million cycles at full-rated load
- Broad temperature range (-40° C to 100° C) – allows use across multiple applications
- Simple contact arrangement – enables highly flexible wiring schemes
- Polarity insensitivity – eliminates need to specify NPN or PNP products
- Weld-field immunity – for large magnet field applications
- High and low current compatibility (5 mA to 2 A @ 24 VDC) – permits use with PLCs and relay-based control systems
“The GO Switch 52M gives the end user greater flexibility in monitoring different types of equipment. One sensor can be used for a variety of applications, reducing part numbers and inventory,” said Melliz. “For OEMs, the GO Switch simplifies design complexity and eliminates the cost of work-around components,” he said.
The new proximity sensor is backed by Emerson’s global support network. It is available for purchase from Topworx sales representatives and distributors.