American Meat Science Association seeking CEO
The American Meat Science Association (AMSA) is seeking applicants to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The AMSA is an individual membership organization of more than 2100 professional and student meat scientists representing academic, government, meat processing companies, and allied industries and associations in the United States and internationally. Its members conduct basic and applied research and lead education programs in muscle growth and development, meat quality, food safety, processing technology, consumer product evaluation and market assessments and provide numerous support functions that are relevant to the entire meat and poultry industry.
The CEO will report to the Board of Directors and will have the responsibility to administer the organizational and partnership activities of AMSA. In collaboration with the Board, the CEO develops and implements strategic plans to advance AMSA’s mission and vision and assures the relevance of AMSA to stakeholders, constituents, the association members we serve, and consumers at large. This position has full leadership responsibility and professional accountability for all business operations within AMSA in accordance with the applicable by-laws, policies, and procedures set by the Board.
Based upon the overarching priorities for the organization, a few of the CEO’s duties and responsibilities are listed below:
- Create, implement and facilitate with the Board of Directors the mission, long-range vision, and strategic plans of the AMSA.
- Coordinate efforts to grow membership in AMSA nationally and internationally.
- Represents AMSA on issues relevant to the association and the meat and poultry industries.
- Takes the lead in addressing public issues and situations relevant to the AMSA, and when necessary possesses the wisdom to select appropriate AMSA members with the expertise to successfully address the issue(s) at hand.
- Work with the Board to ensure sustained financial support of short- and long-term Association goals.
- Actively identify, cultivate, and solicit new donor prospects and funding streams while maintaining and growing positive relationships with current sustaining partners.
- Coordinate staff and volunteer implementation of Association programs; ensure a work environment that recruits, retains, and supports quality staff and volunteers; oversee the process for selecting, development, motivating, and evaluating staff and volunteers.
- For a complete list please go online.
- Master of Science degree or equivalent
- Two years management experience
- Excellence in Oral and Written Communications
- Business management experience
- Experience managing a budget
- Staff/personnel management experience
The CEO Search Committee (Chaired by AMSA President Berg) will begin screening applicants January 31, 2019. The Search Committee will then recommend three qualified candidates to the Board of Directors for face-to-face interviews to be conducted in March 2019.
Please do not hesitate to contact AMSA President Eric Berg (firstname.lastname@example.org) or AMSA’s Associate Executive Director. Deidrea Mabry (email@example.com) if you have any questions about the process, if you are interested in applying, or would like to recommend someone to be contacted to apply.