A&B Ingredients offers new E. coli and Salmonella intervention information sheet
CytoGuard LA, a bactericide solution used for the surface treatment of fresh and RTE meats, is the subject of a new information sheet by from A&B Ingredients, a leading developer, marketer and distributor of high quality natural food ingredients.
CytoGuard LA a powerful antimicrobial based on Lauric Arginate, is a derivative of lauric acid, L‐Arginine and ethanol, all naturally occurring substances. According to the new information sheet, studies continue to prove that CytoGuard LA offers food processors a proven E.coli O157:H7 and Salmonella intervention with significant advantages over other antimicrobial systems.
According to A&B Ingredients, CytoGuard LA offers significant log reduction against E. coli and Salmonella in both meat and poultry products.
The new information highlights CytoGuard’s advantages, which include:
- Clean Label – CytoGuard is an approved processing aid per 21 CFR 101.100 (a)(3)(ii)(c) and is not required to be labeled in meat products per FSIS Directive 7120.1.
- Water soluble, with activity over a wide pH range (3‐7)
- GRAS and non‐toxic – CytoGuard is not an irritant and relatively neutral pH when used in a spray application.
- Effective against a wide range of bacteria at low doses – Typical usage levels are below 44 ppm active and results in no organoleptic impact on the meat product. Beyond pathogen control, CytoGuard LA can lower the total microbial load, further improving food quality.
- USDA tested – Lauric Arginate (CytoGuard) has been extensively tested and published by the ARS‐USDA.
- Surface treatment – Allows for efficient and accurate application over a wide variety of product types.
- A&B Ingredients offers significant microbial testing and challenge study support.
For a copy for the new E. coli and Salmonella Intervention information sheet contact A&B Ingredients at email@example.com or visit the new website at www.abingredients.com.