Kalsec Inc. has released its first social responsibility report to share its sustainability efforts with stakeholders.
“Kalsec has a long history of prioritizing social responsibility, it is a part of our DNA,” says George Todd, executive chairman of the board.
Highlights from the report include:
- Joined the Sustainable Agriculture Initiative (SAI) Platform
- Opened the Farmhouse Early Learning Center, providing on-site child care for employees
- Increased productivity per acre for rosemary and orange paprika
- Significant investments in solar energy
- Technical laboratory facilities and resources added to operations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa (EMEA) and China
“We are excited to share this report highlighting our past and future ongoing commitment to social responsibility as part of the Kalsec vision to remain private and sustainable for the next 100 years,” says Dr. Scott Nykaza, chief executive officer.
Kalsec will continue to report its performance annually against its social responsibility goals, beginning with this report covering 2017.
“We look forward to more stakeholder’s engagement to leverage Kalsec’s social responsibility impact,” says Jim Justice, VP corporate responsibility and resource management. To read the full report, visit www.kalsec.com/social-responsibility/.