Flavorchem releases biggest takeaways from IFT2019
Flavorchem Corporation, an established leader in the manufacturing of flavor and color solutions, reveals the biggest takeaways from IFT2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana from June 2nd – 5th, 2019.
- Plant-Based Ingredients: The most prominent products at IFT2019 were plant-based meat, dairy and egg alternatives. Companies across the convention floor showcased innovative plant-based products capitalizing on the consumer’s desire for healthier alternatives in their diets.
- Sugar Reduction: Developers are continuing to reduce added sugars while maintaining the flavors and mouthfeel that consumers desire. The show featured several new versions of stevia and monkfruit.
- Natural Color: Expanded offerings for natural colors were well represented throughout the show, in applications such as beverage and food color as well as confectionery coatings, sprinkles, and edible glitter.
- Global Flavors: Several products featured North African, Mediterranean, Southeast Asian and South American flavors.
- CBD: Despite the regulatory uncertainty, hemp-derived CBD was a hot topic at the show. Many booths used the opportunity to educate attendees on the distinction between marijuana, hemp-derived CBD and hemp seeds.
Flavorchem showcased its new cold-brew hibiscus extract in a Tropical Tea Beverage with a coconut cream topping, a natural vanilla enhancer in Cold Brew Coffee Macarons (to address soaring vanilla prices) and a masking agent in a Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar, designed specifically for use with plant-based proteins.
For more information on Flavorchem’s innovative new flavors or to create a new customized flavor in your own application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.