Flavorchem Corporation, an established leader in the manufacturing of flavor and color solutions, reveals the biggest takeaways from IFT2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana from June 2nd – 5th, 2019.
- Plant-Based Ingredients: The most prominent products at IFT2019 were plant-based meat, dairy and egg alternatives. Companies across the convention floor showcased innovative plant-based products capitalizing on the consumer’s desire for healthier alternatives in their diets.
- Sugar Reduction: Developers are continuing to reduce added sugars while maintaining the flavors and mouthfeel that consumers desire. The show featured several new versions of stevia and monkfruit.
- Natural Color: Expanded offerings for natural colors were well represented throughout the show, in applications such as beverage and food color as well as confectionery coatings, sprinkles, and edible glitter.
- Global Flavors: Several products featured North African, Mediterranean, Southeast Asian and South American flavors.
- CBD: Despite the regulatory uncertainty, hemp-derived CBD was a hot topic at the show. Many booths used the opportunity to educate attendees on the distinction between marijuana, hemp-derived CBD and hemp seeds.
Flavorchem showcased its new cold-brew hibiscus extract in a Tropical Tea Beverage with a coconut cream topping, a natural vanilla enhancer in Cold Brew Coffee Macarons (to address soaring vanilla prices) and a masking agent in a Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar, designed specifically for use with plant-based proteins.
For more information on Flavorchem’s innovative new flavors or to create a new customized flavor in your own application, please email email@example.com.