This Carnival season will be a little different without Mardi Gras floats rolling down St. Charles Avenue tossing beads and favors to big crowds of families and friends gathered to celebrate along the parade routes.
But the spirit of Mardi Gras – fun, family and food! – is more than just the fanfare. Zatarain’s Smoked Sausage is teaming up with some of New Orleans best chefs to celebrate Mardi Gras with some of their own new flavorful recipes featuring the brand’s Cajun Smoked and Andouille sausages that anyone can prepare at home to bring the spirit of celebration to Fat Tuesday or just a regular Tuesday night dinner!
Zatarain’s Smoked Sausage began rolling out recipes at the start of Carnival season – King’s Day on January 6 – and will continue through Fat Tuesday on February 16, including dishes by:
- Chef Kevin Belton, PBS’s “Kevin Belton’s New Orleans Celebrations”: Kreme of Andouille Soup
- Chef Frank Brigtsen, Brigtsen’s: Meaty Mardi Gras Mac & Cheese
- Claude Davis, Product Development, Zatarain’s: Cajun Style Smoked Sausage Jambalaya
- Chef Rich Lee, Executive Chef, Antoine’s: New Orleans Andouille Stuffing
- Chef Susan Spicer, Bayona: Smoked Sausage and Cornbread Frittata with Garlic Spinach and Roasted Sweet Peppers
“Many people outside of New Orleans don’t realize that Mardi Gras is really a family holiday,” said Davis, who is also a native of the city’s Tremé neighborhood. “This time of year is as much about the food as it is the other celebrations, and Zatarain’s Sausage is the perfect ingredient to bring home the flavor of New Orleans in so many dishes, or even on its own right from the grill.
While we won’t be out on the parade route this year, my family will definitely be enjoying our favorite Mardi Gras dishes with Zatarain’s Sausage at home!”
Source: Bar-S Foods