The American Association of Meat Processors will be offering 1-day HACCP Validation workshops in multiple locations around the country this fall to help independent processors understand and meet the requirements of the regulation. AAMP is pleased to present these workshops as a unique experience to aid members in the latest regulatory compliance issue and to offer exclusive AAMP resources that can be used by any establishment to validate their food safety systems.
A Review of the Regulatory Requirements and the FSIS Guidance Document
What is expected of establishments to validate their HACCP Plans?
AAMP’s Approach to Validation
Learn the application of the FSIS Guidance Document
Learn to utilize AAMP’s resources in your establishment
HACCP Validation In-Plant Documentation
Fully Cooked, Not Shelf Stable
Raw, Ground Meat and Poultry Products
Interpretation of the Data
What to do with the data you collect
How to prove that your systems are fully validated
AAMP will be offering these workshops in Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio, Louisiana and Pennsylvania. If you are an AAMP member the cost of the workshop is $50.00. If you are currently not a member of AAMP the cost is $250.00, which includes a 1-year membership in AAMP. For dates and registration information please go to the AAMP website at www.aamp.com.
Register now for NAMIF Animal Care and Handling Conference for the Food Industry
The North American Meat Institute Foundation (NAMIF) will offer its popular Animal Care and Handling Conference for the Food Industry, October 15-16, 2015, in Kansas City, Missouri. The conference is the leading animal welfare educational opportunity for meat companies, their customers and those involved in the production and management of livestock and meat products. Educational sessions are designed to help companies improve productivity, efficiency and product quality, and will offer an overview of the most current humane handling and stunning practices. Leading academic and industry experts will discuss animal handling audits, consumer attitudes and antibiotic use, while concurrent tracks will explore animal welfare issues specific to pork, beef and poultry.
Co-sponsors include the American Association of Meat Processors, American Meat Science Association, Canadian Meat Council, Chicago Midwest Meat Association, Southeastern Meat Association and Southwest Meat Association. To view more information about the conference, visit http://bit.ly/namif0815.
Westin Crown Center
One E. Pershing Road
Kansas City, Missouri 64108
For additional information about the education sessions, please contact NAMI Director of Education and Workforce Development Ann Wells at 202/587-4252 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For registration information, contact NAMI Senior Manager of Meetings and Conference Services Tina Marmor at 202/587-4242 or email@example.com.
Validating Food Safety in Meat Processing Workshop — September 22-23
- Overview of Food Safety in Meat Processing
- Designing SOP’s and SSOP’s for your Processing Facility
- Hands-on Working Groups for Writing effective SOP’s and SSOP’s
- Environmental and Microbial Sampling in Meat Processing Facilities
- Microbiology Swab Hands-on Lab
- Validating your Prerequisite Programs
- HACCP Verification, Validation and Record Keeping
- FSIS Regulatory Updates
- Research Developments in Salmonella and STEC Control
- Interpreting your Lab Results
- Workshop will be September 22nd and 23rd at the University of Georgia, Athens, GA.
- Register by Sept. 4, 2015 - fee $175. SEMA members receive $25 discount - fee $150.
- Register three or more from the same company for a $25 per person discount on fee.
- Registration fee includes instructional materials, lunches, breaks, tuition and certificate.
- Lodging, parking fees, breakfasts and evening meals are NOT included.
For more information: Call the SEMA office at 407.365.5661, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For information and to register and pay by credit card go to: https://estore.uga.edu/C27063_ustores/web/store_cat.jsp?STOREID=42&CATID=300